You don’t have to be a fan of the ubiquitous Kardashian family (and their endless weddings and baby showers) to see the hottest gifts for babies and parents. Today’s parent wants a gift that’s not only very cute and clever, but one that is practical.
Take your cue from celebrity and famous new parents – a very coveted baby shower, christening, bris or baby welcome gift is a baby hamper. You can struggle to put one together yourself. But for the same (if not reduced) price, you can purchase beautifully arranged baby hampers in Sydney which come in themes and colours and lots of personalization options. It is also more convenient and hassle-free to purchase one rather than creating it yourself.
Baby hampers are so clever – and if you’re giving the gift in a crowd or party, you will get all the oohs and ahs. Attention will be on your gift, which will not only be picture-ready and picture perfect, but be filled with items, to which you can add to make it just what you’re looking for and what you need. There are sellers like Baby Gift Box that have gifts designed for the mum-to-be, for a set of twins, for gender-specific or gender-neutral babies, too.
If you’re looking for additional items to give – let’s say you chose to give a hamper for the baby shower – and you need something to bring to welcome the new baby or to bring when you attend the baby’s christening or bris – there are a lot of super fun, super cute and all-kinds-of-adorableness presents available.
You know how toddlers like to ride up high on mummy’s or daddy’s shoulders? There’s cute – albeit one-trick pony item — that some parents will love, it’s a shoulder baby holder. It has a cute soft seat that conforms around the wearer’s neck and a chest brace and holders for the baby’s feet.
Baby leg-warmers may seem gimmicky to you, but little knit knee warmers – with padding in the knee are great for crawlers (but bear in mind that not every baby crawls – some go from sitting to walking).
The always pulse-on-pop-culture Buzzfeed may have their moments of controversy, but not when it comes to checking out the latest in electronics, fashion, food and more…and even… baby gifts! Check out “30 Unexpected Baby Shower Gifts That are Sheer Genius”. Included on the baby items list are:
- Baby bean bags
- A baby shusher
- Car-seat/Stroller combination
- Car-seat vest with a holder for a dummy or baby-bottle
- Dancing shoes for parents to wear with little shoes on top for kids to stick their feet in and dance with mum or dad
- Portable baby food mill
- Baby bullet — people who love icy mixed drinks know the bullet that’s a compact high-speed, individual blender, and now there’s one for mixing baby food
- Blooming bather – a safety padded mat for baby to sit on whilst in the bath
- Bottle heater that doesn’t need batteries or hot water
- Fancy baby cradle that comes with music and “five unique motions” that mimic the way a parent carries their baby
- A baby board book on HTML (it’s actually called HTML for Babies)
- Clever stroller attachment for mum’s with lots of useful pockets
- A bib that is also a placemat
- A 3-in-1 travel diaper bag that transforms into a changing table and portable bassinet (this is mad genius, actually)
- A spill-proof and indestructible sippy cup
- A changing mat that’s transformed from what looks like a cosmetic pouch
- A stroller phone holder
- A super-gentle battery-powered nail file
- Electrical outlet protectors
- An egg carton filled with baby socks in different sizes (something you can actually make yourself)
With plenty of ideas presented above, you can certainly find a gift that is not just perfect for the baby but is also something that parents-to-be will appreciate.