Summer is my favorite season! Plenty of fruits, warm weather, beach time and a lot of tanning. Not mentioning that kids love it too, but mostly because it is the holiday time which means no school and no homework. As a mom, summer time does not mean more free time or more quiet moments. So, it usually means yelling, laughter and your kids` friends coming over. But as any mom, you cannot but not love them. Despite all the moments when you just want to lock yourself in the pantry and pretend you are not in the house. I will leave that conversation for another time though. This time I am going to talk about the best ice cream recipe made with summer fruits. It is easy to make, it has a lot of nutrients, and it is the perfect dessert for your kids and their friends. You will need the following ingredients:
- Summer Fruits : blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackcurrants, and redcurrants. Of course you can add other types of fruits as well if you wish.
- Two tablespoons of organic honey. Make sure it is runny.
- Handful of nuts (your choice, also optional)
All you have to do is mix the fruits, nuts, honey and ice in a blender or food processor until the mixture is smooth. Place the mixture in a freezer proof container and leave it for a couple of hours or until frozen. Take it out and put it in the food processor or blender again to remove any hard ice bits. Place back in the freezer for another hour or two and then scoop it into a bowl when ready to eat. It can be garnished with more summer fruits or mint.
Summer fruits are a great add to your menu during the summer time. If you are a fan of gardening, having a few fruit bushes in your garden could save you a lot of money. It would also allow you to enjoy the sweet taste of summer fruits any time you want. Whether you prefer raspberries, strawberries, or you want to look for blackcurrant bushes for sale online, having at least one of them in your garden would be great. But, if you are a busy mom, it may be easier just to buy them from a supermarket.
No matter where you get your summer fruits from, you can always mix them into delicious and easy to make desserts. This will make you the favorite mom among your kids` friends. And not only that, but you will also ‘trick’ your kids into eating their daily serving of fruit with this delicious ice cream recipe. To be a revolution mom, you need the right ‘weapons’ in the fight against unhealthy crisps and sweets. Although your kids most likely prefer them over fruits. But not anymore, the ultimate ice cream recipe is here. It is easy, healthy and a great way to keep your kids` cravings for sugary foods and drinks in check. Be a smart mom, be a revolution mom!
Image from Pixabay
Since shows like The Great British Bake Off first appeared on our screens, the UK has seen a huge rise in the number of people picking up an apron and wooden spoon and taking to the kitchen to whip up a sweet treat. Mastering the art of cake design is just important as a good sponge if you want professional looking cakes, so we bring you a guide to sugarcraft, and how to master it.
So what is Sugarcraft?
In simple terms, sugarcraft is a type of cake decorating, used to make your cakes stand out and al
low you to create three-dimensional designs. Similar to the techniques used by clay sculptors, it’s the art of modelling 3D figures in a cake using rolled fondant. Rolled into sheets, sugarcraft can be draped over cakes and also used to make intricate designs including ribbons, bows and flowers.
So Where Do I Begin?
One of the best ways to master the art of sugarcraft is to purchase a DVD or watch some videos online, to watch some experts in action. If you can, a class in sugarcraft is an even better option as you’ll have an instructor on-hand to personally show you some techniques and show you where you might be going wrong. Before you start, just remember that learning sugarcraft takes some time to master, and it can be very fiddly and irritating to get right. There’s really no right or wrong way, you’ll just need to use your artistic eye and try some different methods to find one that’s right for you.
What Do I Need?
There are a number of different utensils used in sugarcraft, and you can find them all on sites such as MakeBake. Here are just a few of the instruments you might want to pick up:
- Stainless Steel Metal Cutters – for creating delicate blossoms, leaves and flowers.
- Sugarpaste- prepared to use, sugarpaste gives you a smooth and sleek finish every time, allowing you to decorate cakes without the fear of cracking. Icecraft is a good brand to sue for this, being significantly less gritty and oil than other sugarpastes and offering a vibrant white, unflavoured colour.
- Spray Can Colours – spray cans are a great way of colouring a variety of icings including sugarpaste, marzipan, buttercream, modelling paste and much more. You’ll also find a great selection of colours available.
- Rosebuds and roses – perfect for decorating delicate cakes, sugarcraft roses and rosebuds give you cake a beautiful finish and are available in a variety of quantities and colours including lemon, peach, violet, pink and red.
- Piped roses – if you’re making cupcakes, piped roses are a great option and are usually available in pink and white.
How It’s Done
Before you start, make sure you’ve prepared the fondant in advanced and stored in an airtight container in the fridge until you need to use it. Then let your imagination run wild! Be aware that liquid food colourings shouldn’t be used when rolled fondant is ready for cake decorating. Colouring paste is a much better option, preventing the fondant from turning runny.
And remember, sugarcraft is a difficult art to master. If you don’t get it right the first time, practice is sure to make perfect. And just think of all those delicious cakes you’ll get to eat along the way!